Here we are starting the holiday season square in the eyes. Before the craze really kicks in I like to take time out to step back, reflect on the year and consider the many things I am thankful for. It’s easy to get caught up in all that we believe is wrong or unfair or unjust in the world but today I am choosing to put that aside and give you my Top ten Things to be Thankful For in 2013.
- It goes without saying but I must put at the top of the list friends and family. All of the support, encouragement and friendship they give throughout the year.
- College football. If you know me you know I am a huge fan and this time of year is as good as it gets. I not only appreciate the competition and talent but seeing great sportsmanship and the possibilities in our future generation.
- The opportunity to use my skills to help my clients. As a CPA, I am grateful that my clients trust me to work with their sensitive financial information, the confidence they place in me to make sure they comply with the laws and put the best tax strategies in place.
- The ever-changing tax code. The more Congress makes changes to it, the more complicated it becomes, and the more job security I have!
- Living and working in the great state of Arizona and all it has to offer: Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Sedona, trout fishing and so much more.
- I get to keep my existing healthcare plan. Do you?
- I don’t have to fly with the thousands of people crammed into airplanes trying to make it see friends and famil
y over the holiday.
- My health and the health of my family.
- Chocolate peppermint bark.
- And finally, my new dog Rosie. If you haven’t had a chance to meet her, stop by. She’s still a puppy and lots of fun!
Hopefully, you have much to be thankful for this year both on the serious side of life and the lighthearted. Let me know what’s on your list and have a great day.